Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Post Four: Adventures

Hello,

So, I've missed writing for two weeks. Bad! I made a pact with myself to write at least once a week. So much for that, eh?

I've noticed I'm not one to do the things I tell myself I will do. Oh well. It's just a part of who I am, I guess?

And So Begins Post Four:

I have found an "Alter Ego" without intending to. (I put quotation marks because I don't think she is.. my alter ego, but Zach does). She has curly hair just like me. She has a home that looks just like mine. She is quiet and aloof and a daydreamer. She has big plans for herself. And she often finds she's involved in an adventure she didn't sign up for.

I don't know her name, but I do know what she looks like. I met her when I drew my first comic strip. She was waking up and getting ready for work. Just like what I do on a day to day basis. How the comic ends, I won't say because I don't want to spoil the ending. But it's not what you'd expect.

I've met her twice since our first meeting. The second time, she was determinedly washing a sink full of dishes when the sink overflowed and flooded her apartment. Don't worry, she survived, thanks to some unexpected, ship sailing visitors.

The third time, she was enjoying a nice boat ride through the ocean on her father's (a King, it turns out) ship when she was victim of an "accident" that threw her overboard. Do not despair, she found friends in unexpected places.

When I visit with her, I don't think of her as myself. Her adventures are the type that I could never be a part of and not because I'm not adventurous, but because they're unreal.

Each time I've met her, I've admired her. She's a pretty cool little gal.

I'm excited to meet her again. I'm excited to tell the stories of her adventures. I'm excited to live vicariously through her life.


I think one day she'll be in a book. I'm sure of it.

later gator.

PS: this post brought me zero satisfaction. i used to find SO much joy in writing. it made me feel cool. maybe because I don't really feel that cool anymore and i don't really take myself as seriously as I once did, maybe that makes me unable to write the way i want. or maybe because i write technical, mechanical emails all day, i've lost that  person touch.

who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment